New York DFS has set forth new CE requirements for insurance agents beginning with April 1, 2022 renewals:
Of the 15 credit hours of instruction that a licensee shall complete in accordance with Insurance Law article 21, the licensee shall satisfactorily complete courses or programs of instruction or attend seminars, as the superintendent may approve, that provide:
(1) at least one hour of Insurance Law instruction;
(2) at least one hour of ethics and professionalism instruction;
(3) at least one hour of diversity, inclusion, and elimination of bias instruction;
(4) at least one hour of flood insurance instruction, if the licensee is licensed to sell one or more lines of property/casualty insurance; and
(5) at least three hours of enhanced flood insurance instruction, if the licensee sells flood insurance through the NFIP.